Get Ready for College

Moving from adult school to community college

When you walk into an adult school in the Riverside region, you have the freedom to dream big and focus forward on the life you want. Our job is to help you get there. Often, community college is the next step. In partnership with the Riverside Community College District, we provide the support and guidance you need to move from adult school to your local community college.

At our adult schools, you get individual one-on-one educational advising, based on where you are academically and what your goals are, from an educational advisor from Moreno Valley College, Norco College or Riverside City College. Advisors help you to understand the certificate and degree programs their college offers, and they connect you with services you may need to be successful. With their help, you get to know your local community college over time, through campus tours, career fairs and financial aid workshops. You also learn study skills and about the college application process, so you know what to expect.

Before you know it, you will start to feel like a college student. It?s happened to other people just like you, some who may have doubted they were college material. They graduated from our adult school programs into their local community college to keep after their goals and dreams. Some finish out the career education program they started at the adult school. Others start fresh and work toward a certificate or associate degree.

Whatever your situation, we will help you every step of the way!

Get help moving from adult school to community college

Each of the three colleges – Moreno Valley, Norco College and Riverside City College – offers educational advising to students at Riverside County adult schools. If you are an adult learner or are considering enrolling in adult education classes and want to talk with someone about a long-term plan, feel free to contact the educational advisor listed below for your adult school.

Moreno Valley College

Anthony Alvarez
Moreno Valley College Adult Education

Advising services provided to students at:

  • Val Verde Adult School
  • Moreno Valley Community Adult School

Norco College

Ruby Valdovinos
Norco College Adult Education

Advising services provided to students at:

  • Corona-Norco Adult School

Riverside City College

Kristopher Acevedo
Riverside City College Adult Education

Advising services provided to students at:

  • Alvord Adult School
  • Jurupa Adult School
  • Riverside Adult School

Next Steps